The elephant that I picked was located right in front of the Tower of London. It was hard to narrow down which one to take a picture of because I have enjoyed the designs of many of the elephants. They really are everywhere around the city of London.
This particular elephant is named Elfreda. Its creator is Jeff Hoare. No one has bought her yet. As you can see, the design of Elfreda looks like tie-dye or washed away paint. To me, this design symbolizes the wasting away of the Asian elephant population. It truly personifies the issue behind the elephant campaign. It is colorful to represent the originality and preciousness of these animals, yet it shows the fading of the bright colors to represent the sadness of this breed’s potential extinction.
Elephant Family’s elephant movement is certainly getting noticed around London. Many people have observed these colorful creatures and have wanted their picture standing next to them or sitting on top of them. Whether or not people are actually supporting its cause is unknown, but they are for sure being noticed. If I worked for Elephant Family, I would include an interactive marketing event in addition to the elephant statues so that the Elephant Family is not just passively advertising for its cause.
No comments:
Post a Comment